-While only the flowers of this plant are edible, the many medicinal properties more than make up for it.
-This plant is said to treat jaundice, eye disorders, venomous bites, indigestion, sore throat, bleeding gums, glandular issues, catarrh, nerve disorders, gout, and nose bleeds. It is also said to be an appetite stimulant, a topical wound healing agent, and an anti-carcinogenic.
-This plant can usually be found in fields or pastures, along roadsides, forest edges, or wastelands. This plant does not like shade, is drought tolerant and can normally be found in dry sunny areas.
-Growing up to 3' tall on average, the plant can be identified by its pink/purple (rarely white) wispy flower head. The entire plant is covered in small silvery hairs.
Be sure to avoid any plants growing near roads, around chemicals, other poisonous plants, or polluted/contaminated water.
As always, be sure to use the Universal Edibility Test to ensure the plant is the correct plant and to help identify any unknown allergies you may have.